Skip to main content

Our Schedule: 12-18 Months Old


Going back in time a bit to share a sample of our schedule with our twins, Adam and Matthew, with you all from the 12-18 months age range.  This was certainly not an easy time for us because it was just full of some major transitions.  Besides the fact that the boys were walking like pros by month 11, this next phase of life was full of major transitions for us that would prove we went from babies to toddlers:  1) this was the time we went from two naps to one, 2) we transitioned from formula to cow's milk at month 13, and finally 3) we were experiencing a burst of language and saying many of our first words, feeling frustrated when we couldn't be understood.

Before I share a sample of our schedule, I want to reiterate what I mentioned when I first blogged about our schedule from that 8-12 Months range, which you can go back and re-read by clicking here.  It is unrealistic and almost impossible to follow a rigid schedule every day or even expect your days to be the same, and even moreso with twins because chances are just higher that something will be different!  Every day is going to be unique - it may be because of one of your kids, the weather, your mood, whatever.  And so what's always been MOST important to me as a mother is not necessarily following a schedule, but having daily routines developed and some non-negotiable's that you want to preserve day-to-day because they keep everything flowing smoothly.

Our Daily Non-negotiable's for the Twins, 12-18 Months Old:

  • Get outdoors twice a day
  • 1 mid-day nap only (read more about my signs & solutions for dropping the second nap in a past blog post by clicking here)
  • 3 meals and 2 snacks every day
  • Start bedtime routines by 6pm

A Typical Day with Adam & Matthew, 12-18 Months Old:

7am - Wake Up for the Day

7:30am - Breakfast

8:00am - Dress Up & Independent Play

9:00am - Snack/Bottle #1

9:30am - Outdoor Time (for about an hour)

11am - Lunch

12pm - Bottle #2 & Nap time

3:00pm - Wake up & Snack

4:00pm - Outdoor Time (for about an hour)

5:00pm - Snack

6:00pm - Bath time

7:00pm - Dinner Time

8:00pm - Bottle #3 & Bedtime


And here we are now, so close to the 2-year age mark!  I'm not totally sure what to expect, but hope our boys will continue to grow and understand our family routines and traditions.

xo,
Vicky


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Perpeq”: An Albanian Egg Custard

"Perpeq" is one of my fondest childhood memories because it brings me back to Easter time, as my mom and grandmother mostly made it in our house during that time of year.  Guess it was because we had all those eggs in the fridge!  Actually, it's a dish that my family traditionally blessed as their breakfast food for Easter Sunday.  I appreciate this dish so much because it is exclusively part of my Albanian culture, and it reminds me constantly of the simple ingredients and creativity Albanian women have used historically, living in large families and persevering through many adversities.  I am not sure what to call this in English, but the closest thing I’ve had to “perpeq” is egg custard, though it is different.  “Perpeq” makes a great dessert OR breakfast item.  Thankfully, I am partnering with Farmland Fresh Dairies to share this recipe with everyone, using the best quality milk. It’s taken me years to put this recipe together because my mother and grandmoth

My Top 3 Double Umbrella Strollers Review: Pros & Cons

Just before the twins were born, I sold our Uppababy Cruz I had for my first son, and was so thankful Grandma and Grandpa offered to buy me the stroller of my "twins plus one" mom dreams - our Uppababy Vista, with two seats and a piggyback board that could actually accommodate all 3 boys to ride on! Our Evenflo Minno Twin double stroller for Grandma's house To me, the stroller is the top item every mom should splurge on because it really should last a long time and it's used constantly!  I felt like we were outgrowing our precious Uppababy Vista stroller after the boys turned a year old and my oldest was not really using the board to ride on as much anymore and the twins began kicking the seats and throwing things at each other depending on who got the higher seat- and with the summer weather approaching, I decided it was time to really invest in a good double umbrella stroller and go from the in-line to a tandem side-by-side stroller (a huge decision for a mo

Easter Bread "Nests" Recipe

With the holy season of Lent here, Easter is just about one month away!  And thankfully, Spring is officially here, too!  Every holiday, I always think about what traditions I want my family to have, to remember, and to hold onto.  Baking with my kids is something I enjoy thoroughly, as it brings us together in preparing and eating.  I decided to start a new Easter tradition for our family this year, and so I tested out Easter Bread "nests" with my Kindergartner after school - the bread came out so delicious, and we had so much fun together, that I am sure this Easter tradition is something we will continue every year.  One of my most prevalent challenges with my 6-year old son now is getting him to persist through a task that he says is "too hard for me."  He wanted to give up when he struggled to roll his dough and was frustrated making his first "braid" with the bread, but, together (with lots of praise, patience and gentleness) we managed to finish wh