Skip to main content

Easy Tin Muffin Omelets


These little omelets are my family's latest favorite breakfast item and snack.   They are very simple and quick to make, and the best part for me is that making a large batch can easily be stored in ziploc bags in the fridge for up to 5 days (these reheat very well for 30 seconds in the microwave).  All my kids are fans of scrambled eggs, but getting them to eat meat and different veggies is definitely always a challenge for me.  With that said though, the boys will eat whatever I sneak into these muffin omelets, and so I am taking advantage.

My recipe I am sharing here with you is a ham & cheese muffin omelet because that is truly our favorite kind, however, you can substitute with whatever your family loves best OR just depending on whatever's in your fridge - feel free to use any other cooked meat for this (like sausage or bacon or any other deli meat) and add in different veggies (like spinach, onion, bell peppers) or cheeses.  I usually make these on the weekend, so we have plenty for a few breakfasts throughout the week or just to grab as a snack.  And if you want to get the kids involved in the actual cooking, you can just pour the egg & cream mixture into the muffin tins and have the kids throw in their favorite omelet ingredients into each cup in the muffin pan instead - either way works!

Thank you to our partners at Farmland Fresh Dairies, who have shared their freshest eggs and heavy cream with our family for this recipe!




Ingredients:

  • 10 eggs
  • 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
  • Favorite Omelet Ingredients:
    • 1 cup of deli meat ham, diced 
    • 1 cup of Monterey Jack cheese, sliced in cubes
    • Salt & Pepper to taste




Directions:

1.  Beat together eggs and heavy cream in a large bowl until well blended.  Stir in all other omelet ingredients, and spoon mixture into a very well greased muffin tin, dividing evenly among each of the cups, without filling to the top.

2.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, and allow to cool before removing muffins from tin.  You can store any leftovers in a sealed Ziploc bag for up to 5 days. 



Note:  Our favorite kind of omelet is ham and cheese, but you can substitute those ingredients with any of your family's favorite, like cooked sausage or bacon, spinach, peppers, onion, Swiss cheese,  etc.

                         

                                               


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

“Perpeq”: An Albanian Egg Custard

"Perpeq" is one of my fondest childhood memories because it brings me back to Easter time, as my mom and grandmother mostly made it in our house during that time of year.  Guess it was because we had all those eggs in the fridge!  Actually, it's a dish that my family traditionally blessed as their breakfast food for Easter Sunday.  I appreciate this dish so much because it is exclusively part of my Albanian culture, and it reminds me constantly of the simple ingredients and creativity Albanian women have used historically, living in large families and persevering through many adversities.  I am not sure what to call this in English, but the closest thing I’ve had to “perpeq” is egg custard, though it is different.  “Perpeq” makes a great dessert OR breakfast item.  Thankfully, I am partnering with Farmland Fresh Dairies to share this recipe with everyone, using the best quality milk. It’s taken me years to put this recipe together because my mother and grandmoth

My Top 3 Double Umbrella Strollers Review: Pros & Cons

Just before the twins were born, I sold our Uppababy Cruz I had for my first son, and was so thankful Grandma and Grandpa offered to buy me the stroller of my "twins plus one" mom dreams - our Uppababy Vista, with two seats and a piggyback board that could actually accommodate all 3 boys to ride on! Our Evenflo Minno Twin double stroller for Grandma's house To me, the stroller is the top item every mom should splurge on because it really should last a long time and it's used constantly!  I felt like we were outgrowing our precious Uppababy Vista stroller after the boys turned a year old and my oldest was not really using the board to ride on as much anymore and the twins began kicking the seats and throwing things at each other depending on who got the higher seat- and with the summer weather approaching, I decided it was time to really invest in a good double umbrella stroller and go from the in-line to a tandem side-by-side stroller (a huge decision for a mo

Easter Bread "Nests" Recipe

With the holy season of Lent here, Easter is just about one month away!  And thankfully, Spring is officially here, too!  Every holiday, I always think about what traditions I want my family to have, to remember, and to hold onto.  Baking with my kids is something I enjoy thoroughly, as it brings us together in preparing and eating.  I decided to start a new Easter tradition for our family this year, and so I tested out Easter Bread "nests" with my Kindergartner after school - the bread came out so delicious, and we had so much fun together, that I am sure this Easter tradition is something we will continue every year.  One of my most prevalent challenges with my 6-year old son now is getting him to persist through a task that he says is "too hard for me."  He wanted to give up when he struggled to roll his dough and was frustrated making his first "braid" with the bread, but, together (with lots of praise, patience and gentleness) we managed to finish wh